Monday, May 24, 2010

Disbelief - Making Progress 7"

I'm not sure I know enough about this band to make a fair entry, but I will put this up for now and edit it as info comes in.

Disbelief was a heavy-ish hardcore band from the Bowie/PG County area of MD in the late 90's. Shades of Snapcase and older bands like Outburst come through, and I find the overall energy and manic feel of the music compares to an overlooked favorite of mine, Inner Dam from Long Island, who were around at the same time, although I don't know at all if either band knew of each other. Oddly enough, singer Mike's voice is a dead ringer for Civ, but just slightly grittier, and it works for sure. Being that I'm too lazy to look right now, I can only talk about recalling that members of this band also spent time in Longshot, including I believe Steve who went on to 86 Mentality and a bunch of other awesome bands. A friend of mine recently gave me a shirt of theirs he found online, and it now resides in my collection, unused because it's too small for this gut.

I ripped this direct off the 7" into my computer, and accidentally let side B in as one file. Sorry. I'll do a better job next time. Enjoy, and if you have any more info about Disbelief, drop me a line.

Download the 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment